This picture doesn’t have much to do with this post, but it’s funny – and laughter is extremely important in living a healthy life! Now moving on…..
These six keys for experiencing more happiness in your life were adapted from an interview with Christophe Andre, a French author, self proclaimed pessimist and expert on happiness.
- Accept that there will be unpleasant things in life. All the time, every day, you’ll face hindrances: You’ll be too late or make a mistake or say something stupid. It’s the rent you pay to live in the house of life. It’s part of life. There’s no point in being disappointed when things don’t go your way.
- Open your eyes and look around. There are more opportunities for happiness than you think, certainly for someone living in America. Embrace the moments. Try to remember them. Enjoy them.
- Take time out. The ability to pause, mentally as well as in your actions, is important. Taking breaks is a prerequisite for experiencing happiness.
- Pay attention to your family and friends. Social ties are important for happiness. Don’t let a day go by without thinking of, or seeing, someone you love.
- Try to get in touch with nature every day. Take a walk in the park and spend a few minutes looking at nature.
Express your gratitude and respect for the good things you experience. Being thankful makes you happy and increases the change of social connection. Live a happier life!