Vegan Egg Nog serves 1
¼ ripe pear, cored
1 cup unsweetened milk
2 teaspoons lucuma powder
2 tablespoons raw cashews
1 teaspoon chia seeds
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8-12 drops vanilla stevia
- Combine all ingredients in blender and process until smooth.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Whisk before serving
Cranberry Apple Holiday Punch serves 10-12
2 liters of sparkling water
6 cups fresh apple cider
8 ounces of cranberry juice concentrate
55-60 drops liquid stevia
2 cups whole frozen cranberries
1 apple, sliced horizontally
- Combine all chilled liquid ingredients and stevia in a punch bowl.
- Add frozen cranberries and lay apple slices on top.
- On each skewer, place a cherry tomato, a basil leaf and a mozzarella pearl.
- Arrange on a platter and serve drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
Pears with Goat Cheese, Pistachios and Dried Cranberries makes 24
2 pears, cored and sliced into 24 slices
½ cup goat cheese
2 tablespoons pistachio pieces
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
1 tablespoon orange or lemon juice
- Toss pear slices in orange or lemon juice.
- Spread cheese on the widest part of the pear slice, then top with pistachio pieces and dried cranberries.
Stuffed Mushrooms serves 4
1 cup parsley, chopped
½ cup sun dried tomatoes
½ cup pine nuts
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup olive oil
8 ounces mushrooms
- In a food processor, place parsley and pulse briefly
- Add sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice and salt, then pulse until almost smooth
- Drizzle in olive oil and pulse again briefly to incorporate
- Remove stems from mushrooms and stuff with pesto
- Bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes
Raw Kale Salad
4 cups kale, destemmed and cut in a chiffonade
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup chopped radicchio
1 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons minced red onion
1/2 cup chopped green olives
1 cup toasted sunflower seeds
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 cup golden raisins
3 cups cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add the kale, salt, orange juice, vinegar and garlic powder. Massage well with your hands for several minutes.
- Let the salad sit and marinate for 10 minutes then enjoy!
Sweet Potato Cashew Soup with Avocado Cream
Soup: 1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped, roasted
5 cups vegetable broth
1 cup raw cashews
Avocado Cream: 1 garlic clove, peeled
¼ cup plain greek yogurt
3 tablespoons lime juice
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
¼ teaspoon salt
Garnish:green onion, chopped and lime wedges
- In a large pot, sauté onion and celery until soft.
- Add sweet potatoes, cashews and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree with immersion blender or transfer to a blender and process until smooth.
- Add lime and season to taste.
- Combine all avocado cream ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- To serve, add a dollop of cream to each serving of soup, sprinkle with green onions and have lime wedges available.
Garlic and Herb Mashed Cauliflower
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 vidalia onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
salt and pepper to taste
- Place cauliflower in a steamer basket in a large soup pot, season with salt and pepper and steam until soft. 10-12 minutes, test with a fork.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Saute onion, garlic and herbs in butter until onion is soft and translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cauliflower in food processor or blender with onion, garlic, herbs and second tablespoon of butter. Process until smooth.
Wild Rice Dressing with Chestnuts and Cranberries
2 cups uncooked wild rice
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups water
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups whole roasted chestnuts
1 cup dried cranberries
1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
1 ½ cups halved lengthwise and thinly sliced carrots
1 ½ cups chopped yellow onion
1 ¼ cups thinly sliced celery
½ cup minced flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine rice, broth, 2 cups water and ¼ teaspoon salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, partially cover, reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes. Do not drain; place in a large bowl and cover.
- Arrange chestnuts on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into quarters.
- Place cranberries in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add carrot, onion and celery. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in herbs and remove from heat.
- Add rice to the vegetable mixture. Mix in ¼ teaspoon salt, chestnuts, cranberries and pepper.
- Spoon into a 13×9 inch baking dish. Cover and bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
This post comes to us from our friends at Natural Solutions for a Healthy You. Want even more recipes? View the entire post here –